Friday, July 9, 2010

Unnecessary social networking sites.

You know what really grinds my gears?

Unnecessary social networking sites. Ok, I will say that some of these are just incredible, Like take Facebook for example. It is genius and has been an incredible tool for me with a lot of the work that I do.

But some of these are tools that are just abused. For example, I have to manage a Twitter account at my office and people share the stupidest shit. Like "My cat likes his new toy" or "OMG! LUV THE JoBro" or they will link to pointless websites. I sometimes wonder why our tax dollars are paying to have this archived by the government. In 1000 years, people will look back and be like, "Damn! Their lives were boring as fuck"

With that said, I absolutely hate FourSquare (4sq). This is a site that tracks you and tells all of your e-friends where you are at any given minute. Like really, i don't wanna know if you are at Trader Joe's, Penn Station or Planned Parenthood. have you ever stopped to think it may not be the best idea to publish your movements to people on the internet?

No comments:

Post a Comment