Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Expiration Dates

You know what really grinds my gears?

Expiration dates. While I understand it is important to tell me when my milk goes bad, how do you know? Like really, did someone time this to the exact day? I wanna meet the person who has the time to track a bottle of milk. Wouldn't they push up the date to scare people into buying more milk? I mean, no one really regulates these dates. Also, what if the date is too difficult to read. Then it is a constant guessing game between whether to consume the product or not.

Also, why do some products have expiration dates. Like bottled water. Since when does water expire? Like if I were to open a bottle of water after the date would I be like "DAMN... this water smells rotten, better pitch it!" Also, why does medicine expire? I am pretty sure it doesnt, and they just tell people this so we will go buy more of their medicine. Like, I have taken Tylenol wayy after the date and it still works.

In addition to all of that, there are expiration date fake outs, such as "Best Used By", "Sell By" and "Best Before". In actuality, these dates don't mean much, but they make me freak out.

So, I think the government should take ineffective dumbasses out of DMVs (another soon to come entry) and make them regulate the expiration dates. NO more dumb working. NO more confusion! No more fake out dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment